Category 4: Teaching and Learning Services
IT staffing in the following teaching and learning services which includes but not limited to, e-learning platform (Open Source or hosted); competency based talent management services; custom training; certification Programs (Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle); software training; and/or instructional design. Following are the positions which are required for this types of services and for this group:
· Business Analyst: Perform business requirements analysis, workflow analysis, and work with users to write functional specifications. Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into specific details, abstract up from low-level information to general understanding, and distinguish between user requests from true business needs. Act as the liaison between the user and the technical team and provide support throughout the development life cycle. Deliver such artifacts as functional requirements, business requirements, use cases, GUI, screen and interface design. ‘Requires a Bachelor’s degree, analytical skills, ability to translate users’ expressed needs into application and operational requirements.
· Cloud Services Specialist: Deploy and operate large scale cloud infrastructure and application services. Monitor all servers, load balancers, and firewalls using suite of monitoring tools. Support backup strategy with existing database and critical file system. Ensure high availability and performance. Requires Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of hands-on experience as a system engineer in a high-availability 24/7/365 infrastructure; extensive system administration experience; networking, firewall/security, and business continuity experience.
· E-Learning Developer: Develop, implement and support learning technology tools for the IT organization. Work with subject matter experts (SMEs) to Identify and convert training material that can be delivered through e-learning tools without compromising effectiveness. Requires a Bachelor’s degree in adult learning, education, instructional design, technical documentation, or a related field; one to two years of experience creating, designing, and writing training materials.
· Functional Architect: Maintain focus on the high level/conceptual vision of the product and its function and features throughout the development process to ensure the technology design ties to business requirements and creates a useful system. Requires Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of professional IT experience, including experience with process improvement methodologies and project management.
· Information Architect: Lead information architecture practice; drive development of models, strategies, standards, and principals, transforming data into trusted, high-quality information that supports strategic business decision support. Conceptualize, plan, design, and implement complete and integrated architectures that support business needs, minimize redundancy, maximize capability, and ensure enterprise system sustainability. Requires a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering; ten years of technical expertise in information and data modeling; and business analytics.
· Instructional Designer: Design, develop, and deliver innovative and engaging training content using learning theory, instructional design, and development tools and methodologies. Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Education or a field related to instructional design; experience delivering e-learning, instructor-led training, and blended learning solutions; and familiarity with e-learning development tools.
· Integration Specialists: Analyze, design, and document solutions which meet client requirements and which work within the established system architecture and meet technical standards. Work with project teams to analyze and review technical specifications, document integration components, and design complex multi-system integrations which provide complete business solutions. Requires a Bachelor’s degree; technical analysis experience; and in-depth knowledge of business processes and implementation methodologies.
· Programmer: Develop and support complex batch and web applications, mobile applications, interfaces, and reports in a multi-tier distributed environment. Perform technical analysis, design, development, testing and support of software applications. Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or related field and at three years of software development experience.
· Project Coordinator: Develop work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and maintain and communicate status reports for high profile enterprise IT projects. Provide business analysis support and subject matter and project management expertise. Requires a Bachelor’s degree in MIS, IT, or similar discipline; Project Management Professional (PMP) certification; expert-level experience with MS Project, MS Office, and CA Clarity PPM; and five years of professional project management experience.
· Project Manager: Provide direction for the technology development components of IT projects for the full project lifecycle. Provide resource projections, budget management, formulate project delivery strategies, establish milestones/schedules, report on project status, and monitor progress of all team members. Requires a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technology-related discipline, and three years of project life-cycle methodology and technology project management experience.
· Technical Architect: Design and build custom elements of solutions and work with a team to deliver the complete solution to the customer. Provide technical direction and guidance, thought leadership, development oversight, and support successful project delivery. Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field (Master’s preferred); understanding of inter-relationships and impacts of systems and applications upon the enterprise-wide technical environments; experience architecting high traffic, high scalability, and high availability applications.
· Web Application Developer: Create and maintain applications for the web using software languages and tools. Translate requirements into viable code, testing, debugging and preparing documentation following established standards and applicable regulations. Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, proficiency with at least one programming language, and knowledge of web user interfaces.