Category 2: Information Security Services
IT staffing in the following Information Security services which includes but not limited to, IT security risk reporting; analyze existing environments and identify deficiencies and gaps in information security; data protection services; infrastructure protocols; disaster recovery services; security vulnerability remediation; risk assessment; and/or develop security operating procedures. Following are the positions which are required for this services and for this group:
· Business Analyst: Perform business requirements analysis, workflow analysis, and work with users to write functional specifications. Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into specific details, abstract up from low-level information to general understanding, and distinguish between user requests from true business needs. Act as the liaison between the user and the technical team and provide support throughout the development life cycle. Deliver such artifacts as functional requirements, business requirements, use cases, GUI, screen and interface design. ‘Requires a Bachelor’s degree, analytical skills, ability to translate users’ expressed needs into application and operational requirements.
· Cloud Services Specialist: Deploy and operate large scale cloud infrastructure and application services. Monitor all servers, load balancers, and firewalls using suite of monitoring tools. Support backup strategy with existing database and critical file system. Ensure high availability and performance. Requires Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of hands -on experience as a system engineer in a high-availability 24/7/365 infrastructure; extensive system administration experience; networking, firewall/security, and business continuity experience.
· Computer System Security Services: Ensure the university’s information assets are protected from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure, or destruction. Provide tactical and strategic security advice to policy makers and security practitioners. Collaborate with committees, governance bodies, and individuals to develop and implement security, information, and privacy policies. Implement safeguards to mitigate information security risks, investigate security breaches, and develop responses to risks and breaches. Requires a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems management, public policy, or related field; MS/MA and CISSP certification highly desirable. Requires leadership skills and five years of IT experience, including high-level service management or IT planning/policy development.
· Database Architect: Install, configure, upgrade, administer, monitor, maintain, and secure databases. Develop and design database strategies, monitor systems, improve database performance and capacity, and plan for future expansion requirements. Requires a Bachelor’s degree; expertise with Oracle and MS SQL database solutions (including performance tuning, RAC, implementations, system interplay); thorough working knowledge of UNIX operating system, scripting, and utilities; understanding of data modeling and data warehousing concepts.
· Deployment Specialist: Responsible for IT Service management, including deployment of IT infrastructure and applications into production; subject matter expert (SME) for Change and Release Management; manage troubleshooting of unplanned system outages; promote understanding of and adherence to change procedures; understand overall infrastructure and technologies being changed. Requires a Bachelor’s degree; three years of professional IT experience; big –picture understanding. ITIL Foundation certification preferred.
· ERP Analyst: Maintain, optimize, and provide technical and functional support for Banner enterprise-wide applications/systems and other integrated systems; help users understand/apply system processes. Perform project coordination and analytical roles for projects, conduct process and workflow analysis, enhance Banner module functionality, and assist with application/upgrade support. Requires a Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience with business and system analysis.
· Information Architect: Lead information architecture practice; drive development of models, strategies, standards, and principals, transforming data into trusted, high-quality information that supports strategic business decision support. Conceptualize, plan, design, and implement complete and integrated architectures that support business needs, minimize redundancy, maximize capability, and ensure enterprise system sustainability. Requires a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering; ten years of technical expertise in information and data modeling; and business analytics.
· Integration Specialists: Analyze, design, and document solutions which meet client requirements and which work within the established system architecture and meet technical standards. Work with project teams to analyze and review technical specifications, document integration components, and design complex multi-system integrations which provide complete business solutions. Requires a Bachelor’s degree; technical analysis experience; and in-depth knowledge of business processes and implementation methodologies.
· Project Coordinator: Develop work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and maintain and communicate status reports for high profile enterprise IT projects. Provide business analysis support and subject matter and project management expertise. Requires a Bachelor’s degree in MIS, IT, or similar discipline; Project Management Professional (PMP) certification; expert-level experience with MS Project, MS Office, and CA Clarity PPM; and five years of professional project management experience.
· Project Manager: Provide direction for the technology development components of IT projects for the full project lifecycle. Provide resource projections, budget management, formulate project delivery strategies, establish milestones/schedules, report on project status, and monitor progress of all team members. Requires a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technology-related discipline, and three years of project life-cycle methodology and technology project management experience.
· Quality Assurance Specialist: Design, implement, and execute tests and compile reports to ensure applications meet end user requirements, operate properly, and are free from defects. Document defects/system problems, provide summary reports to the project team, and document quality assurance procedures for analysis, test case design, testing, and tracking issues. Requires a Bachelor’s degree and two years of testing experience.
· Security Analyst: Focus on design, implementation, and administration of IT security policies, technologies, solutions, and processes to secure university applications, data, computers, and networks. Establish an IT security program and architecture which support strategic university business objectives; promote IT security awareness and education programs throughout the university. Provide hands-on administration of IT security hardware and networking gear. Requires a
Bachelor’s degree; at least 5 years of experience working in a Security Network Engineering or Network Engineering role; knowledge of information security regulations; and broad knowledge of IT trends. Industry security certification is preferred.
· Storage Engineer: Configure and manage the storage area network (SAN) and storage infrastructure. Manage capacity requirements based upon business needs and infrastructure growth capacity. Maintain backup environment, and continuously monitor to detect operational problems and ensure ample storage is available. Provide site planning and management for the equipment environment. Requires a Bachelor’s degree in technical or business field and three years of experience in a SAN storage environment.
· Technical Architect: Design and build custom elements of solutions and work with a team to deliver the complete solution to the customer. Provide technical direction and guidance, thought leadership, development oversight, and support successful project delivery. Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field (Master’s preferred); understanding of inter-relationships and impacts of systems and applications upon the enterprise-wide technical environments; experience architecting high traffic, high scalability, and high availability applications.