Category 7: Desktop Services
IT staffing for the following desktop services, virtual solutions (HP, VMware, Microsoft Hype V, Horizon View) and customized solutions; remote, call center and on-site desktop services (network, email, integration and software deployment, configuration, installation and server migration); desktop standardization; and/or desktop installation. Following are the positions which are required for this types of services and for this group:
· Cloud Services Specialist: Deploy and operate large scale cloud infrastructure and application services. Monitor all servers, load balancers, and firewalls using suite of monitoring tools. Support backup strategy with existing database and critical file system. Ensure high availability and performance. Requires Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of hands-on experience as a system engineer in a high-availability 24/7/365 infrastructure; extensive system administration experience; networking, firewall/security, and business continuity experience.
· Computer System Security Services: Ensure the university’s information assets are protected from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure, or destruction. Provide tactical and strategic security advice to policy makers and security practitioners. Collaborate with committees, governance bodies, and individuals to develop and implement security, information, and privacy policies. Implement safeguards to mitigate information security risks, investigate security breaches, and develop responses to risks and breaches. Requires a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems management, public policy, or related field; MS/MA and CISSP certification highly desirable. Requires leadership skills and five years of IT experience, including high-level service management or IT planning/policy development.
· Help Desk Support Analyst: As the first point of contact, respond to inquiries and requests for assistance with computer systems and usage. Assist in problem resolution, with the aim of eliminating recurrences and reducing repeat calls. Coordinate with internal and external IT resources to resolve problems as necessary. Requires at least two years of professional work experience, preferably in Help Desk or customer service roles.
· Integration Specialists: Analyze, design, and document solutions which meet client requirements and which work within the established system architecture and meet technical standards. Work with project teams to analyze and review technical specifications, document integration components, and design complex multi-system integrations which provide complete business solutions. Requires a Bachelor’s degree; technical analysis experience; and in -depth knowledge of business processes and implementation methodologies.
· IT Support Associate: Provide fundamental support for application software, operating systems, and equipment configurations in the following areas of support: Microcomputer, Help Desk, network, computer operations and systems, customer education, policy/procedure development, and team or project leadership. Requires a minimum of 1 year IT work experience.
· IT Technical Associate: Provide technical expertise for implementation, maintenance, and optimization of operating systems, software, hardware, databases, security protocols, and equipment. Conduct analysis, evaluate user needs, develop documentation and presentations, and establish and monitor performance standards/metrics. Requires college coursework in IT or equivalent IT work experience.
· Project Coordinator: Develop work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and maintain and communicate status reports for high profile enterprise IT projects. Provide business analysis support and subject matter and project management expertise. Requires a Bachelor’s degree in MIS, IT, or similar discipline; Project Management Professional (PMP) certification; expert-level experience with MS Project, MS Office, and CA Clarity PPM; and five years of professional project management experience.
· Project Manager: Provide direction for the technology development components of IT projects for the full project lifecycle. Provide resource projections, budget management, formulate project delivery strategies, establish milestones/schedules, report on project status, and monitor progress of all team members. Requires a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technology-related discipline, and three years of project life-cycle methodology and technology project management experience.
· SharePoint Administrator: Responsible for the architecture, configuration, deployment, support, and maintenance of the Microsoft SharePoint platform and related applications and/or systems. Install and maintain software infrastructure and other applications/systems, including upgrades and patches; monitor performance, maintain system security, and act as SharePoint subject matter expert. Analyze and resolve problems related to data, software, servers, and usage. Requires a Bachelor’s degree in IT or a related field and three years of experience with Microsoft SharePoint 2010/2103 technical administration.
· Systems Administrator: Ensure operating reliability and efficiency of server hardware and software for the University’s administrative computer system in multiple sites 24/7/365. Install and configure new hardware and software, apply operating system updates and configuration changes, and monitor and manage system resources for operating efficiency. Provide technical assistance, and troubleshoot and diagnose problems with production and development environments. Requires a Bachelor’s degree, at least 3 years of IT work experience, and expertise in multiple system environments.
· Systems Programmer: Maintain, optimize, and provide technical support for enterprise-wide applications/systems. Interact with vendors, and patch, upgrade, monitor, and maintain the University’s enterprise applications to ensure fault tolerance and high availability. Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field and experience in a technical role in IT.
· System Specialist: Provide technical assistance to computer users and provide insight into how technology use can be improved. Apply expertise to develop user materials, recommend improvements to business processes, and educate customers in the strategic use of the administrative information technology and applications portfolio. Requires a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline, IT customer support experience, and creative problem solving capabilities.